Hi there! I’m KT. I’m a librarian, educator, and homeschooler who firmly believes that literature is our best source of education and that we can use it to learn every subject. My goal in life is to provide my boys with a lit-based curriculum and to help you learn ways to add literature and lit-based activities to your own curriculum.
Lit Mama provides free printables, tutorials, and advice for using everything from picture books to classic novels in your classroom or homeschool. Because it’s so beneficial to make books an important part of kids’ lives, I cover activities for all ages from birth through graduation.
Together, we can encourage an entire generation of readers and open-minded learners.
Some things you might want to know about me:
- I’m a little bit snarky–some might call it sassy, I call it fun.
- Charles Dickens tops my list of favorite authors and Stephen King runs a close second. Might seem disparate, but they’re both character-driven authors, so…
- My favorite food is melted cheese. On anything. Yeah yeah.
- I grew up in the city, so even though we’ve lived on the farm for 10 years, I’m still learning.
- My two youngest boys are taller than me. Much taller than me. Giants. It’s so weird to have to look up at a kid I used to carry around.
- My oldest son is my hero. He manages to laugh no matter what life throws at him.
- My husband has the most beautiful singing voice I’ve ever heard.
- But that doesn’t mean I don’t try to out-sing him.
- When I read, I can’t hear, so don’t try to talk to me because I won’t answer you. I am not being rude, I did not hear you. Ask my family. They will testify.