Looking for fun literature activities you can do outside?
Summer time is a great time to promote an interest in literature, and there’s no better way to do that than to create outside reading activities that are fun for kids.
But don’t limit yourself to summer. Whenever your kids are booing their latest reading project, use these activities to amp up your homeschooling game and get them excited about literature.
The activities in the following posts can be tweaked to focus on the suggested book or you can use each one for a different book or type of literature. However you use them, have fun and watch as your kiddos fall in love with literature all over again.
10 Fun Literature Activities Outside
- How to Throw an Alice in Wonderland Mad Tea Party Outdoors
- A Fun and Fabulous Flower Study with The Secret Garden
- Free Printable Watership Down Scavenger Hunt
- How to Host an Outdoor Poetry Tea Time
- Campfire Reading with Tom Sawyer
- Outdoor Play-Acting with Bridge to Terabithia
- Explore Your Neighborhood with Because of Winn-Dixie
- Book at the Beach: Treasure Island
- How to Create an Outdoor Poetry Walk
- Trumpet of the Swan Pond Study
10 Days of Tips for Homeschool Moms
Check out all these splendiferous tips from other homeschool moms and plan your next homeschool year with ease!