My friends, James Burd Brewster has done it again. Uncle Rocky – Fast Action is a fun and interesting story that not only educates your littles about different aircraft (and what little isn’t fascinated by planes?), it also explains the Heimlich Maneuver and even includes detailed instructions for performing the maneuver at the end.
I know I’ve said it before, but I can’t recommend the Glad to Do It! series by Mr. Brewster enough. With each book, the author teaches practical facts while telling an interesting story about an everyday hero. In this one, Rocky’s nephews are once more featured as stars of the show. They even get to say the catch phrase, “Glad to do it!” at the end.
It doesn’t get any better than that.
This post is sponsored by J2B LLC, but my opinions? Oh yeah, they’re my own.
Uncle Rocky – Fast Action Airplane Activities
Because Rocky’s nephews save the day with the Heimlich Maneuver at an air show, we’re going to do some fun airplane activities to go with it and learn a bit about the man behind the Maneuver.
Your littles will love learning the names of the different airplanes featured in Fast Action with this fun worksheet.
Dr. Henry Heimlich was a brilliant surgeon who made many contributions to the medical field during his career. Learn more about him and do some fun activities with this free printable mini unit.
These can be made with both types of clothespins. And they’re easy and fun to play with. Win!
What you need:
- Lit Mama’s Clothespin Airplane Wings template
- Craft paint
- Craft foam
- Craft glue
What you do:
- Paint clothespin in color of choice
- Print and cut out Lit Mama’s Clothespin Airplane Wings Template
- Trace templates onto craft foam
- Cut out
- Glue one large wing on top of clothespin at front
- Glue other large wing on bottom of clothespin just under top wing
- Glue tail wing to underside of top of clothespin at back
Hot Dog Bar
What could be more fun than a hot dog bar? Easy to put together and fun for littles to choose their own toppings!
What you need:
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
Any of the following toppings:
- Spicy brown mustard
- Chopped onions
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
What you do:
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions
- Set up bar with dogs, buns, and bowls of toppings for kids to choose from
- Add spoons
- Let them go to town!
If you haven’t yet raced to get the Glad to Do It! series, make today that day. These books truly are phenomenal, and the activities mean so much more when you have the book to go with them.
Looking for more Glad to Do It! fun? Check out:
Latest posts by KT Brison (see all)
- Story Time: A Christmas Star - November 12, 2018
- American Literature for High School - October 25, 2018
- 9 Fun Halloween Printables and Activities for Celebrating - October 18, 2018